Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Break!

Even though I feel like I just finished Thanksgiving break, I'm certainly not complaining about today being the first official day of my Christmas break! It's not the reason I do it, but it's certainly a perk to being a teacher. :)

I kicked off the week by going to see The Nutcracker at the Fox Theater with some college sorority sisters.



It was FAN-tastic. With one exception. The woman sitting behind us had her young daughter with her (I'm guessing she was 3 or 4) and allowed her to talk through the ENTIRE ballet. And made NO attempt to quiet her.

The first question she asked? Adorable. Oh! Look how cute that little girl is! 30 minutes later? Not. Cute. At. All.

I'm sorry. I understand that this child was young, but I paid $60 for that ticket. I went to see the ballet. If I wanted a show narrated by a 4 year old, I would have gone to see Tangled.

/vent

My favorite part of The Nutcracker? This lady (gentleman?) right here -



The one yesterday was especially funny. She was definitely "crankin' dat?" during her part. Hilarious.

The show and being downtown really put me in the Christmas spirit. Can you believe there are only 4 days left???

No comments:

Post a Comment